A Bird Dog Fee is a fee paid buy an investor looking for houses to fix and flip for a profit. Investors are constantly looking for properties that pencil. If you know of a property that needs to be rehabilitated before it can go onto the market you may be a Bird Dog and not even know it! If the property pencils (after the costs of repairs there still a profit margin) Investors will pay $500 for bringing them a deal. It is a great way to earn extra cash without a whole lot of effort. So if you know someone who is facing foreclosure, recently divorced, or has experienced a death in the family you may know someone who might need to sell their house fast for cash. To reach a local investor today visit https://www.pacificnorthwestpropertysolutions.com/ or reach out to me and I will introduce you to a local investor today!
In order to be successful in this competitive market you have to have a plan. To capitalize on your investment to it’s fullest potential that plan has to be educated and grounded in facts. The facts are this is a sellers market in Lane County (May 2017), but if your home isn’t marketed properly you could still be missing out on it’s full potential. Here is a fool proof plan that I have experienced a great deal of success with.
1. Listing in RMLS– When your home is listed in RMLS it automatically populates to online websites such as; Zillow.com, Realtor.com, and Trulia.com. This is a way for Realtors to view your home and buyers who are still unrepresented to find your home through personal searches.
2. Signage– Another basic building block of a proper marketing plan is a yard sign with information regarding the property.
3. Open Houses– Most agents will do at least one open house, I generally tend to do one open house a month until the property has a pending offer.
4. Pricing– This is a key strategy for any home sale, you can test the market with a higher price if you are not in a rush to sell your home, or you can price it to move quickly. I prefer to create a very educated price point, due to market trends and comparable recent sales in your area.
5. Staging– The theories on staging are numerous. Curb appeal is by far the most important component of staging in my opinion. Without it some people may not even get out of their car to see the house. Many homes show well simply being vacated and cleaned thoroughly. For a more luxurious home you may want to consider a professional stager that will fill your home elegant furniture and beautiful decor for a monthly fee.
6. Newspaper Ads– If you list with me I will always include an add in the Register Guard with your open house times listed. This will ensure that your open house will be a success.
7. Parade of Homes– There is a weekly tour of new homes on the market that is attended by the top Realtors in Lane County. If you list with me I will personally present your home at the Parade of Homes and coordinate your home to be open during the Parade hours.
8. Windermere Weekly Meetings– Here at Windermere we have a slight advantage over the competition, with 140 agents on staff we are the largest realty team in Lane County. Once a week we assemble to discuss buyer needs and new up and coming listings. Many times our listings get sold in house before they even hit the open market.
9. Social Media– One of the perks of being a member of the Eugene Area Board of Realtors is having access to their social media group. When I list your home I will post it on their Facebook page where over 800 Realtors from Lane County will have the chance to view it. as well as utilizing the Windermere Facebook page.
10. Knocking– Knocking doors is an ancient art form, but a highly effective way to communicate still. I will knock in the general vicinity of your home and let your neighbors know that your home is coming on the market and when your open house will be taking place.
LoopNet/Hotlinks– For all of my Commercial/Investment properties I post all of my properties to LoopNet and Hotlinks so all local and area investors will be notified of your listing.
Long story short, I have a dedicated plan for selling your home quickly and at top dollar, if you would like me to perform a market analysis for your home reach out to me today and I will do my best to ensure you have the right information at the right time to make a great decision.
Your friend in real estate, Vince Casey