My fiance’ and I recently had the pleasure of going to brunch at Studio One Cafe, apparently a not so well kept secret close to campus. For a while when I was a vegetarian Morning Glory was my favorite place to go, and when I was in the mood for a greasy spoon diner Brail’s was a favorite landing spot. However, after visiting Studio One I officially have a new favorite brunch spot! They are well known for their French Toast, and Eggs Benedict selections.
When we first arrived I was a little worried because there were several people waiting to be seated. To my pleasant surprise we were seated in under 10 minutes. The cafe itself is tiny and very crowded, at times I had trouble hearing my date in front of me. When the food arrived it didn’t matter, I selected the ”Field of Dreams” benedict, and my partner chose the Chiliquilles Tortillas. Both were excellent, my entree’ was a combo of Biscuits and Gravy and Eggs Benedict, it was delicious! I have gone back twice and ordered the exact same thing. The waitress was very polite and attentive, she even recommended a side of Hollandaise sauce for the home fries which was awesome.
I know what you’re thinking at this point, “do they have mimosas”? The answer is yes, they wouldn’t qualify for best brunch without a little bit of booze in the menu. If you live in the Eugene area you simply must try this place at least once! To read over their menu options go here https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g51862-d1013565-Reviews-Studio_One_Cafe-Eugene_Oregon.html
I was a little surprised when I saw the Best of Eugene Weekly article that boasted the 3 best burgers in town, and none of my favorites made the list. So I decided to create my own list, I would love to hear about your favorite burger in the comment section below!
- The Meiji Burger– Under valued because of it’s size the Meiji Burger is my personal favorite. It is served on an English Muffin with Japanese pickles, lettuce, onion, and house-made fries. You can taste the quality of the ingredients they use, including the 100% Organic Grass-fed Angus beef! https://www.izakayameiji.com/#menu
2. The Chow Burger– They have their meat ground fresh everyday, and also bake their own buns. Not to mention they pay homage to the Simpsons with their original name “Moes”. They infuse their bacon with maple syrup, to make every burger a foodies’ delight. If you are a fan of the Artisan Burger you have to try this place! https://openmenu.com/restaurant/d52f5540-8a01-11e2-823b-00163eeae34c
3) The Planktown Burger– I always get the Bacon Irish Cheddar Burger, it comes with an 8 oz patty with bacon, Irish cheddar, tomato, lettuce, pickled onion and creamy horseradish sauce. If you haven’t been to Planktown yet I would make plans to go tonight! http://planktownbrewing.com/menu.html
4. The Board Burger– Michael Autry the owner of Board Restaurant describes their burger as knee deep cattle beef, aged cheddar, arugula, red onion and chipotle bacon jam on a brioche. Be sure and save room for their potato wedge fries with the house made chipotle ketchup! http://www.boardrestaurant.com/menu/
5. The Cornucopia Burger– This burger could have easily been higher on the list, most of you already know they boast the best burger in Eugene via the Eugene Weekly’s “Best of” readers poll. My favorite burger on their menu is the Jeros Bacon Cheese Burger with crisp bacon, your choice of cheese, red onions, and mayo it is a force to be reckoned with! Visit their menu to see the full list of their famous burgers https://www.cornucopiaeugene.com/menu/#award-winning-burgers-vurgers
To see who the other winners were in the Eugene Weekly Best of 2017 visit http://www.eugeneweekly.com/20161103/lead-story/best-eugene-readers-poll-2016-2017