In Lane County, Windermere agents have the highest sales volume per agent. When you look at the numbers (140 agents) you can imagine the amount of internal networking that is at our disposal. We have a weekly meeting where we discuss our buyers and sellers wants and needs, we also present new listings before they are presented to the public. Many times we can meet a buyers need before another agency would even have access to the information. This gives our clientele a huge advantage over the marketplace.
Another benefit of choosing a Windermere agent is our staff. Because of our size we have a variety of specialists. If you are purchasing acreage we have a Land & Timber expert, if you desire a waterfront property on the McKenzie River we have an agent that lives in the valley, and the list goes on and on.
An additional reason to consider is support, at Windermere we have 4 Principal Brokers on call anytime we need them. We also have 2 transaction coordinators that help us maintain more face time with our clients and out in the field. Our weekly educational courses are always free, and focused on poignant topics that will give us an advantage in your transactions.
In closing, no other firm will provide you with the support, know-how, and experience as a Windermere agent will. That combined with our ability to network with 140 other agents will ensure you will find the right house at the right time.
In addition to all the smart reasons to go with Windermere there is also a “heart” reason to choose us. With every home sold in Lane County we donate a portion to charity. Last year as an organization we donated over 33 million dollars to organizations that take on causes such as hunger, homelessness, and much more. Read more about it in our Windermere Foundation Blog https://www.windermere.com/foundation
In order to be successful in this competitive market you have to have a plan. To capitalize on your investment to it’s fullest potential that plan has to be educated and grounded in facts. The facts are this is a sellers market in Lane County (May 2017), but if your home isn’t marketed properly you could still be missing out on it’s full potential. Here is a fool proof plan that I have experienced a great deal of success with.
1. Listing in RMLS– When your home is listed in RMLS it automatically populates to online websites such as; Zillow.com, Realtor.com, and Trulia.com. This is a way for Realtors to view your home and buyers who are still unrepresented to find your home through personal searches.
2. Signage– Another basic building block of a proper marketing plan is a yard sign with information regarding the property.
3. Open Houses– Most agents will do at least one open house, I generally tend to do one open house a month until the property has a pending offer.
4. Pricing– This is a key strategy for any home sale, you can test the market with a higher price if you are not in a rush to sell your home, or you can price it to move quickly. I prefer to create a very educated price point, due to market trends and comparable recent sales in your area.
5. Staging– The theories on staging are numerous. Curb appeal is by far the most important component of staging in my opinion. Without it some people may not even get out of their car to see the house. Many homes show well simply being vacated and cleaned thoroughly. For a more luxurious home you may want to consider a professional stager that will fill your home elegant furniture and beautiful decor for a monthly fee.
6. Newspaper Ads– If you list with me I will always include an add in the Register Guard with your open house times listed. This will ensure that your open house will be a success.
7. Parade of Homes– There is a weekly tour of new homes on the market that is attended by the top Realtors in Lane County. If you list with me I will personally present your home at the Parade of Homes and coordinate your home to be open during the Parade hours.
8. Windermere Weekly Meetings– Here at Windermere we have a slight advantage over the competition, with 140 agents on staff we are the largest realty team in Lane County. Once a week we assemble to discuss buyer needs and new up and coming listings. Many times our listings get sold in house before they even hit the open market.
9. Social Media– One of the perks of being a member of the Eugene Area Board of Realtors is having access to their social media group. When I list your home I will post it on their Facebook page where over 800 Realtors from Lane County will have the chance to view it. as well as utilizing the Windermere Facebook page.
10. Knocking– Knocking doors is an ancient art form, but a highly effective way to communicate still. I will knock in the general vicinity of your home and let your neighbors know that your home is coming on the market and when your open house will be taking place.
LoopNet/Hotlinks– For all of my Commercial/Investment properties I post all of my properties to LoopNet and Hotlinks so all local and area investors will be notified of your listing.
Long story short, I have a dedicated plan for selling your home quickly and at top dollar, if you would like me to perform a market analysis for your home reach out to me today and I will do my best to ensure you have the right information at the right time to make a great decision.
Your friend in real estate, Vince Casey